Review: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser

Sunday 29 September 2013


I don't know why my hands look so grey...! My original image has been distorted by Blogger :(

FOTD using Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser (No concealer)


I managed to bag the ultimate bargain when I bought the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser, as I got a 'bonus size' 200ml tube for an amazing £18 in the house of Fraser sale a few months back! This usually costs £33 for 50ml! I would have originally opted for the oil free version as my t-zone can get quite oily, but I couldn't pass up the bargain and thought I'd give this a go.

I absolutely love this tinted moisturiser for good skin days. It has low coverage, so I find it evens out my complexion but I can't get away without concealer. I was having a rare good skin day in the images above, but you can still see some of my blemishes on my chin and forehead and the redness around my nose is still visible. I have tried applying it using my fingers or my beauty blender dupe. Both methods work fine but I prefer using my fingers as I get slightly more coverage that way. It has quite a runny consistency and blends easily. It feels lovely on the skin as it isn't heavy and leaves you with a dewy finish, which makes your complexion look lovely. I always powder down the centre of my face, as I tend to get oily there.

My gripes with this product lie mainly in the longevity and coverage. On a work day, I need my base to last through the day for at least 9-10 hours with minimal touch ups. I wasn't expecting miraculous longevity, but even with powder this only lasts a few hours before I start getting shiny and it starts wearing away. I would also prefer if the coverage was slightly fuller. As this tinted moisturiser is pretty low coverage, it has to be reserved to good skin or non work days, which means it doesn't get as much love as some of my other base products. Occasionally after using this tinted moisturiser, I have noticed I get a few small whitehead type blemishes, so I feel that this may break me out slightly as well which is a bit annoying as my skin doesn't usually break out from makeup products.

I love this for non work and good skin days, despite the occasional breakout, and would definitely recommend this for less oily skinned gals and people who like dewy, light bases. I think it's a great product for summer or sunnier climates, as it has SPF 20. I may have to try the oil free version, as I've heard that has better coverage. Has anyone tried it and can vouch for the coverage/longevity?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

2 comments:

  1. I've tried the oil free version and loved it, definitely has really nice coverage! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thanks for letting me know. Will have to give it a go :) x

      Delete