Sinful Colors Nail Polishes (Easy Going and 24/7)

Thursday 8 August 2013


Sinful Colors was released in the UK a while ago and I hadn't heard much about the brand before, but was intrigued as they only cost £1.99 and the stand in my local Boots had so many pretty colours on it. I bought 'Easy Going' a while back, as it is supposedly a dupe of Essie 'Fiji' and then I recently bought '24/7' as the bright highlighter pink colour drew me in!

Easy Going

2 coats of Sinful Colors Nail Polish in 'Easy Going'

Easy Going is a milky, peachy pink colour. I read somewhere that it is a dupe of Essie Fiji. I don't own Essie Fiji, however from comparing swatches online, Easy Going looks peachier than Fiji, which has more pink. The formula is quite runny and thick and I found the formula a little difficult to work with, as when you apply too little to the brush, it looks streaky and if you apply too much, it didn't dry fully.   I've used this polish a few times and I've found that the number of coats required can vary between 1-3, depending on how much you have on the brush. I didn't apply a top coat and I found that the colour dulls a little after a few days. I tried a matte topcoat over the top to compare the dullness to a matte effect and found the dullness doesn't quite go as far as matte, but it definitely loses its glossiness. With a matte top coat, the colour is very reminiscent of calamine lotion! I found this lasted really well on my nails with minimal chipping.

24/7


2 coats of Sinful Colors Nail Polish in '24/7'

24/7 is an amazing bright highlighter pink shade. I couldn't stop staring at my nails when I was wearing it! I think this colour is perfect for summer, as it would look amazing with a tan. I found the formula of this to be quite thick and runny as well and on the first coat, the colour was rather streaky. This took two coats to become fully opaque and the polish dried quickly to a matte finish. Even though applying a white polish under neon shades makes the colours pop more, I didn't apply a white polish underneath and have still found the colour to be super bright and neon. I was disappointed as this had chipped quite heavily after two days (N.B. I didn't apply top coat, so that may be a factor in how long the nail polish lasted), but that won't stop me from wearing this colour as I love it.

I would definitely recommend checking out the Sinful Colors nail polishes if your local Boots has a stand. I don't think every Boots does though.

Have any of you tried Sinful Colors before? What other shades would you recommend?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

4 comments:

  1. 24/7 looks amazing, what a beautiful colour! <3

    Jennie xo | sailboat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely! Even though the longevity is a bit pants, I'd still recommend it just for the colour! x

      Delete
  2. These polishes are both so beautiful! I have been loving Sinful Colors polishes :) my stand is often empty though! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks that your stand is often empty! The one near me is fairly stocked up, so if you ever want me to pick you something up, let me know :) x

      Delete