Project Empties #25

Friday 2 August 2013


I have been trying to downsize my product collection for well over a year now, but have never really had much incentive to do so. I recently saw Kat (from Tales of a Pale Face)'s Use it Up challenge and decided that it would be the perfect incentive to use more products up. It involves putting aside a little money every time you finish a product (I have decided on: 50p for samples, £1 for full size products and £2 for high end products). I imagine that it would add up after a few months and it can go towards something nice, which is always lovely!

We always seem to have a tube of this St. Ives Apricot Scrub lying around the house and even though it's super abrasive, sometimes I use a small amount to get some manual exfoliation. It is easy to overdo it with this product, so I think I might be on the lookout for a less abrasive scrub or I will try to use the rosehip seeds that came with my Emma Hardie cleansing balm more often, as when you add them to a cleanser, it gives a similar consistency.

I really enjoyed using the Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash. It had a lovely scent and had a nice creamy consistency. It works really well with my Clarisonic and leaves my skin feeling as soft as a baby's bottom. I also really enjoyed using this Nioxin Cleanser for hair type 2. I have a full in depth review of it here, if you want to read more about the set I got.

I got this Origins Make a Difference Moisturiser in a store swap sometime last year. I gave in an old moisturiser jar and received this in return. To be honest, I didn't think much of the moisturiser. It was pleasant, wasn't too heavy and had a nice scent. But at the same time, I wouldn't say it was that remarkable. I thought the Clarins Hydraquench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase was nice. It has quite a runny, watery consistency, which I really liked. My skin felt soft and hydrated after use and I'm definitely considering buying the full size version of this along with some of the other products in the range.

Amount for the piggy bank: £6.50

What have you used up this month?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

0 comments:

Post a Comment