Review: REN ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser

Wednesday 19 June 2013




I bought this REN ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser (Longest alliteration cleanser name ever?) a few weeks ago, as my skin was feeling a little temperamental and was breaking out left, right and centre. This cleanser is marketed by REN as a "purifying, antibacterial cleanser formulated to combat and help prevent breakouts and blemishes" (From RENSkincare.com) - which sounded like something my skin needed. I have been using this cleanser for the past few weeks and I thought I would share my thoughts on it.

The ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser is clay based, as the name suggests, but it is surprisingly creamy. I usually use one pump and massage it all over my face after I have cleansed with the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm. It spreads around the face nicely and is easy to massage. The product has no fragrances, which I like as I don't like using perfumed products on my face. I've found this super gentle to use and I've put it around the eye area without any irritation. After washing it off, my skin doesn't feel dried out or tight. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and clean. With daily use, this has definitely helped clear up my breakout and helped to balance out my skin, which I am so happy about. This cleanser costs £18 for 150ml, which I think is reasonable as you get a large amount of product. I bought mine from Salon Skincare, as they were selling it for 10% off (making it £16.20).

I really like REN, as their skincare is 'clean' and does not contain things like parabens, sulphates, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance and colours, etc. I don't know that much about deciphering ingredients, but you often hear that you should avoid products with parabens, mineral oil, etc, and my theory is the less, the better. I am definitely going to look into more of their products and I even came across a REN Skincare Masterclass, which is at Liberty tomorrow and managed to get booked onto a session, which I am super excited about.

Have you tried any products from REN?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

0 comments:

Post a Comment