30 Day Shred Level Two Review

Tuesday 5 March 2013


This level is a killer. I found this a hell of a lot more difficult than level one and did a mixture of the beginner and advanced moves. As the week went on, it did get easier, however I still found it difficult, especially on some of the plank based moves. This level also made me sweat a lot more than level one (Sorry, if tmi!).

I did not do this every day for the past ten days. Due to starting a new job and having other commitments, I started this level late and then didn't do it every day. I did add on the missed days at the end, so I still did a total of ten days.

I felt level one worked my legs more and didn't feel like it did much to my arms, however I found that this level had more emphasis on arms and legs. The strength section in circuit 3 is a killer on the arms, especially as I am a weakling. There is also a lot of emphasis on the plank position, which works the arms, shoulders and legs, but are hard!

I definitely saw more of a difference in my body this week. I feel like my stomach has more definition, and while I don't have abs of steel (ha), I have lost 1/2 an inch from around my waist and 1/2 an inch from my hips (in comparison to measurements from day 1) and my jeans now fit a lot better. That's purely from doing the 30 Day Shred, as I haven't changed my diet recently. I feel like if I had improved my diet, my results may have been more, but who knows. I haven't seen much difference in my arms and legs, but I am pleased with the results from my middle section, as that's one of my problem areas.

I am going to China today for two weeks, which I am so excited about as I haven't been in 7 or so years. I don't think I will be able to do the 30 Day Shred while I'm there and I have a feeling I may end up eating my weight in food... But I will definitely be continuing on with the 30DS level three when I get back, as I am pleased with my results so far.

Have you done the 30 Day Shred before?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

8 comments:

  1. Yes I've done the 30 day shred! It's insane. And I love Jillian Michaels! :)
    Ooh how exciting to go to China!! ^_^ It's worth it to do it now before your trip so you don't have to feel as guilty when you get there from the amazing food everywhere :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you see good results? Jillian Michaels is awesome, although she does say some cringey stuff throughout the DVD. Haha.
      Haha, you were right! I ate so much while I was there, so I'm glad I did some exercise before hand, even though I think I'm back to where I started. x

      Delete
  2. I started the 30 day shred and got bored after a week, Mike however did the whole DVD lol. I'm too lazy.
    Have fun in China!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, good on Mike! I still need to start level 3, but I have been putting it off, haha. Thanks, I had a great time x

      Delete
  3. Yay! You've done so well with it. I have to admit I got really bored with it and have given up!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah I completed level one a month or so ago and then gave up! Just started again and literally SCARED for level two!! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done! Level 2 is a killer to begin with, but it eventually starts to get a bit easier and doing a mix of the beginner/advanced was the only way I managed to finish it each time! Good luck x

      Delete