The glitter in the bottle
From top to bottom: Blob, Slightly blended, Fully blended
- It looks really nice on the skin when freshly applied. It has a satin, slightly dewy finish and the shade I have (003 Shell) is a great colour match for my skin.
- It is a medium coverage foundation. It covers my red areas and blends easily into the skin.
- The packaging looks and feels expensive and the pump dispenses the right amount of product each time.
- It has SPF 20, so I was concerned that I would get major flashback face when being photographed with flash photography. However, I was pleasantly surprised that it did photograph well on the skin, hence the name 'Photoready'.
- It has sparkles in it. It won't make you look like Edward Cullen in the glitter stakes, but if you look closely at the skin after application you can see glitter. I like to use 2 layers of foundation and I find it collects on areas that have more product.
- The staying power is very poor. I find it wears off my combination skin after a few hours, especially if I don't powder.
- It can look a little cakey on the skin. I have found that this does not suit dry skin at all. It clings to dry patches or healing blemishes and the glitter collects around these areas too.
Would I repurchase? Although the foundation looks lovely on the skin and is a great colour match, the poor staying power and the cakiness around dry patches really puts me off. So unfortunately, I don't think I would repurchase this.
Have you ever tried this foundation?
Thanks for reading. xoxo, Joy
EDIT: PLEASE READ MY UPDATE REVIEW OF REVLON PHOTOREADY