Review: Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Friday 16 March 2012

I know this has cleanser has one million and one reviews, but I thought I'd just throw my opinion into the mix as well.

100ml Pump Starter Kit - You get a 100ml Cleanser, 2x Muslin Cloths, Pouch, How-To Leaflet

What they say: (From Liz Earle.comOur plant based cleanser has a two-phase action, phase one is the cleansing. Free from mineral oil, it has a rich and creamy texture and swiftly removes all traces of face and eye make up, even stubborn mascara. Phase two is the polishing. Polish off the cream using the pure muslin cloth to gently dislodge dead skin cells and help reveal clean, soft and radiant skin. Naturally active ingredients include eucalyptus and cocoa butter for smoother, clearer skin.

Price: £14.25 for the 100ml pump starter kit, which comes with 2 muslin clothes

1 Pump

What I think: I had wanted to try this for ages, especially after hearing everybody rave about it! So I was thrilled to have received this for Christmas from my parents. I have been using this every day since I received it - I use 1/2 a pump in the morning every day and 1 pump at night every other day (on days I don't use my Clarisonic).

The cream texture is nice and gentle on the skin. It doesn't sting if you get it in your eyes at all. Despite being a gentle cleanser, it does a great job at removing make-up and dirt. Afterall the evidence is on the muslin cloth!

I love how clean and soft my skin feels after using this. The buffing motion is a nice daily exfoliant to keep those pesky dry patches at bay, especially in the winter. I never feel like my skin has been dried out by this, nor does it leave a film on the face.

The cleanser has a mild eucalyptus (herbally) scent. For some reason, the scent kind of reminds me of Halls Soothers - Did anyone else find that? I really like the scent as it's nice and refreshing.

I really don't have any negatives to say about the cleanser. However I just wanted to point out a few minor negatives:
- You can't see how much product is left. I don't have a John Lewis near me and buying online means waiting for delivery, so it's hard to gauge how much you have left and when you're going to run out. So you may be cleanser-less for a few days, unless you're super organised and stock up in advance.
- It isn't particularly widely available. In the UK, you can only get it from Liz Earle stores, John Lewis, the Liz Earle website or QVC. I'm not sure about the rest of the world? But unless you have one of those stores near by or regularly shop online, it can be hard to come by. It's just so much easier to pop into a Boots or Superdrug and pick up a cleanser.

I love this cleanser and will definitely be repurchasing it! Have you ever used Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish? What did you think of it?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

4 comments:

  1. Great review, I have been tempted to get this, but wasn't sure if it was worth the money! However, your positive comments may just have persuaded me!

    Karys x
    whoisgrumblebeard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ooh, I'm glad to hear it! I hope it works as well for you as it did for me xx

      Delete
  2. Nice review, I love your blog!
    I've been thinking about buying this cleanser for a while but I think I'm going to give it a go.
    I'm a new follower, feel free to check out my blog too if you like?

    xx

    http://sugaryspiceandallthingsnice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's really kind of you. Ahh, I'd love to hear how you get on with it! xx

      Delete