NOTD: Piccadily Circus (+a dupe)

Sunday 29 January 2012

1 coat of Nails Inc. Nail Polish in 'Piccadily Circus'

Piccadily Circus is a lovely raspberry magenta colour, which is a nice alternative from the typical reds that are popular in the winter season. The application was amazing. The colour was opaque in 1 coat and the formula wasn't too dry or too runny. It dried quickly and I found it lasted well on my nails. I've never bought a Nails Inc. polish full price (£11), as I have only got them when they do the Diet Coke promotion or when they're free with Glamour magazine, but after using this one, I have to admit I'm swayed and will be looking more into their range!

As I was putting Piccadily Circus away, I had a glance through my nail polish collection and spotted 2 other polishes which looked similar and I found a cheaper dupe of Piccadily Circus!

First I looked at Nails Inc. 'Victoria', but decided that that was too red (It's like the redder older sister of Piccadily Circus), then I picked out Missguided Nail Splash 'Missunderstood', which I was given c/o Sara who works at Missguided at the Brum Blogger Meet last summer. In the bottle, they look completely different as Missunderstood looks a lot redder.


However, when swatched they are both a raspberry toned pink. Missunderstood is available from Missguided.co.uk and costs just £5 - More than half price of full price Nails Inc. The only difference I have found is that the formula of Missunderstood is runnier and you would need 2 coats to get a nice opaque colour. The wear of the Missguided nail splash is amazing and I only experienced tip wear after  approximately 4 days.


Do you like Nails Inc. nail polishes? Do you have any recommendations?

xoxo, Joy

2 comments:

  1. They are really close! I love Misunderstood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Me too, it's a lovely colour and the nail polishes are such great quality too! xx

      Delete