4 Week, No Heat Review

Wednesday 7 December 2011

In October I decided to attempt the 4 Week, No Heat Challenge. It's been just over a month now, so I thought I'd do a quick update and give you my thoughts on the challenge.

I have been enjoying not needing to dedicate up to 20 minutes for styling my hair. This means more time in bed! I tend to wash my hair at night and have recently been going to bed while it is still a little damp and in a loose bun. The next morning, this gives me nice natural looking waves, which I just run a little serum through and I'm good to go. I usually wear my hair straight every day, but I'm really enjoying having wavy hair and in my past experience, as my hair grows, my natural wave becomes more pronounced. But for now I will continue cheating (by wearing it in a loose bun while damp).

I feel like my hair feels stronger and fuller, but I still get a lot of fall out, especially when I'm running conditioner through my hair or when brushing it. My natural hair gets frizzy much easier than when styled, so I found slicking a little serum through my hair helped to tame it.

The picture below shows the change in length. As you can see, there hasn't been a drastic change in the length of my hair, but it definitely feels healthier and I have noticed fewer split ends.

Left - Before (Air dried), Right - After (Slept in a loose bun)

I have decided that I will try to persevere with this challenge. I will try to avoid heat altogether, but there are occasions where I will still use it every so often. I am glad I tried this and would definitely recommend it if your hair is feeling a little damaged from heat.

Have any of you tried the 4 Week, No Heat Challenge? How did you get on with it?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

2 comments:

  1. Your hair is so pretty! I usually only heat treat my hair on special occasions because I have so much damage. I'm gonna try sleeping with my hair in a bun and see if it works for me as well, because yours turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Aseya - Thank you, Aseya :) I hope sleeping in a bun works out for you! xx

    ReplyDelete