Tag: I Feel Naked Without

Saturday 19 November 2011

I love doing tag posts, because they're nice and simple to do and a bit of fun :) So I thought I'd make one up myself! I've decided to call it: "I feel naked without..." and the rules are simple:

1) Write a list of 5 things you feel "naked" without
2) Tag 5 people

With regards to feeling "naked", I don't mean literally naked!! It's metaphorical and is basically what you can't leave the house without or what you feel like you've lost a limb without. It can be anything from wearing mascara to your phone or ipod to wearing your favourite piece of jewellery.

I feel naked without...

1) Mascara. If necessary I could go out without any base on, but I have have have to wear mascara. Even if I'm just popping to the shop downstairs, I have to put a bit of mascara on my lashes to stop me looking like a potato head!

2) My watch. I feel weird when I don't wear my watch. My wrist feels naked and I always find myself looking to my wrist even when it's not on.

3) A spritz of perfume. I have to spray some perfume on myself before I go out. I hate going out without spraying some. Sometimes I even resort to taking detours via Debenhams or Selfridges, just so I can make sure I've spritzed myself with perfume! I also carry a mini atomiser in my bag. My favourite at the moment is Philosophy's 'Falling in Love'. And as Coco Chanel once said, "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future".

4) My glasses. Even when I wear contacts, my face feels naked without my glasses. Out of habit I always go to push them up, even if they're not there. While most people prefer wearing contacts to glasses, I actually prefer wearing my glasses.

5) Lip products. I have to go out with at least something on my lips, whether it's lip balm, lip gloss of lipstick. At the moment, my lip products of choice are Nivea Milk and Honey lip balm, Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream or Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Rivage.

I tag: Everyone! If any of you do this, leave me a link in the comments below :) What do you think of this tag?

Sorry this was a rather wordy and picture less post. Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog and wanted to play along with this tag! Love it! Great idea! Can't wait to read more of your blog!

    Here's the link to "I feel naked without..."

    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/2011/11/i-feel-naked-without.html

    -Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the watch - I feel so lost when I forget to put it on! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this tag. I also feel naked without a watch on - I've worn one since I was little and hate not knowing what the time is! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bailey - I'm glad you liked it :D You're so sweet! Ooh, I'm going to take a look at your post now! xx

    @Lydia - I'm glad I'm not the only one! I don't get why it feels so weird without it, lol xx

    @Lily - Thanks :) I hate not knowing the time and asking people for the time as well! I wonder why more people don't wear watches... xx

    ReplyDelete