Spotlight On... Laura Laine

Tuesday 15 November 2011

I've decided to start a new periodic feature called "Spotlight On...", which will focus on illustrators, artists, photographers, etc. I used to spend lots of time on Livejournal, Tumblr, Flickr and Deviantart and through those sites discovered a tonne of artists and photographers, which I thought would be nice to share some of their work here. I was trying to do that through "Picture Tuesday" and "Saturday Quote", which I did when I first started my blog, but I kind of got lazy and gave up with those, oops.

First up is the Finnish fashion illustrator, Laura Laine. Laura Laine is a Helsinki based illustrator and has had her work published in Vogue Nippon, Elle, The New York Times Magazine, The Guardian, etc. I have a top from H&M a few years ago with one of her illustrations on and love it to death! Her illustrations are absolutely beautiful. They're so detailed and I love the hint of haute couture thrown into them.






Illustrations: Laura Laine

What do you think of Laura's work? Who are your favourite fashion illustrators?

Thank you for reading. I'd love to know what you think of this new feature :) xoxo, Joy

2 comments: