TK Maxx Treats

Friday 26 August 2011

It seems like all I keep doing throughout my holidays is shop! I just tend to end up at my local shopping centre, because there isn't much else to do near where I live. I went shopping with my mum yesterday and she insisted on popping into TK Maxx. I normally avoid TK Maxx like the plague, because it stresses me out. (Does anyone else find it super stressful?) But this time, I'm glad we went in because I found some lovely things that I am in love with!

Photo: Google

As you may or may not be aware, I've been on the hunt for the perfect trench coat. I have a navy one from H&M, which I love but I wanted a more classic Breakfast at Tiffanys style one, like the one worn by Audrey Hepburn above. I was going to get one from Warehouse which cost £85, but alas that was not my dream coat (and my purse is thanking me!). I spotted the coats rack and started riffling through, looking for a cute quilted Barbour-esque coat as they seem to be everywhere now. Instead I chanced upon this Michael by Michael Kors beaut! It was in the final clearance at only £32, so I snapped it up right away!


It looks huge here, but would you believe it's an XS!


I love the attention to detail, like on these buttons.

I also managed to pick up this TIGI Let It Be Cherry Almond Leave-In Conditioner, which Sarah has mentioned before. Can you believe it was reduced down to 50p?! What can you get for 50p nowadays? Not much! And omgosh, it smells amazing! If you like cherry bakewells, you will love this scent!!


Whenever I go shopping I always look through the purse and bag rails, knowing full well that I don't need more bags and purses. When I saw this Modalu purse on the stand, I knew I had to have it! Modalu has been made famous recently, due to Pippa Middleton toting the 'Bristol' bag, which they hastily renamed the 'Pippa'. I will admit, I had never heard of the brand until it was made famous by P-Middy. The purse reminds me of the Anya Hindmarch Joss wallet, which I could only lust after, and at only £19.99 (RRP £49), this was a lot more purse friendly. The leather is a beautiful grey 'shark' colour and the leather is buttery soft.


I love the consistent shell detail, from the labels to the shell studs to the lining of the purse - So cute!


Have you found any amazing bargains recently?

Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

9 comments:

  1. oh my lord you SNAPPED up some major bargains!!! i will def be visiting tkmaxx over weekend! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the coat! Thank you ever so much for the follow, it means a lot as I love your blog! Check out my blog swap if you're interested lovely? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cute little shells on the purse! And the trench coat is really nice too, though I agree it looks huge!

    Pip x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have an aversion to TK Maxx! It's so claustrophobic in there!
    I love this purse though - and what bargain your mac is!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. MK for £32 is so very lucky! I'm still looking for a trench coat,but I did find a Karl Lagerfeld (Chanel) classic tweed jacket down from £300 to £30, which was an amazing buy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sarah - Thanks, I was lucky this time. Hope you managed to find some bargains if you went this weekend! xx

    @Sophie - Thanks and you're very welcome, you have a lovely blog :) xx

    @Pip - Me too, they're so cute and dainty! Haha, thanks! I promise it's not that huge when it's on! xx

    @a.j.b - I'm glad I'm not the only one! Thanks :) xx

    @Dina - I think I literally picked it up and pegged it away from the rack before anybody could snatch it away, lol! Omgosh, wow!! What an amazing bargain!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous of you Michael Kors purchase it's amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Angela - Thanks, I was just extremely lucky that day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Boutique 73 - Thanks :) xx

    ReplyDelete