The Bigger, The Better

Sunday 27 March 2011

If I leave my hair to dry naturally, it tends to be wavy, a little frizzy and quite flat. I'm always on the hunt for bigger hair and I have found a few volumising products, which I use quite frequently. I don't always use them all everytime I wash my hair, but these are the products I go to when I want big hair.


Revlon Powerdry Glamour Hairdryer - £30.63 and ghd hair straightner - £99
I got my hairdryer for Christmas and it is great. It came with a number of attachments and other accessories and has 4 heat settings and 3 speed settings. I LOVE my ghds! I've had them for almost 4 years now and they're still going strong. Now I can't imagine using any other straightner - Once you go ghd, you never go back.

Kent Round Brush - £5.99
I've had this for ages and use it with my hair dryer. I mainly use it around my crown and then pull it through my hair to straighten it and to style my fringe. This just gives a nice lift at the roots, especially if you bring the brush up and out before bringing it through the length of your hair.

Tigi Small Talk - £13.25 (You can probably find it cheaper if you look around online)
Tigi says that this is a 'thickifier, energizer and stylizer'. I've had this for ages and have only recently discovered how good it is. It really thickens my hair and gives a really nice amount of volume and bounce. It has a fruity smell, which I really like but some would probably find it overpowering. The smell stays even when you hair is dry and styled. A tiny bit of this goes a long way, you literally need less than a pea size otherwise your hair may look greasy and feel weighed down. It can leave a slimy residue on your hand if you have too much or don't work it through the hair enough.

Schwarzkopf Got 2b 2 SEXY Collagen Lift Effect Hairspray - £3.99
The instructions on the can state to spray it in short bursts generously onto the hair. When I use it on dry hair, it gives a lovely amount of volume and hold, but it made the areas I sprayed it on a little crunchy/crispy. I wonder if it was because I hadn't used the spray in short enough bursts, since I'm not used to that. That said, it would be suitable if you used it on your underneath layers after backcombing for some extra hold or if you tip your hair upside down and spray it on the base of the hair. I generally tend to spray this onto my hair after it's been towel dried and before I blowdry it for some extra voluminous hold. I love the smell of this hairspray, it's kind of fruity and sweet. The smell doesn't linger on the hair.

Velcro Rollers - £0.99 for 6
I bought these from Bodycare and like to put them into the roots of my hair when my hair is nearly dry just to give it some extra lift. Because the rollers are velcro, they stay in place and you don't need to faff around with clips. They're really gentle and don't pull your hair out.

Other products I use in my hair are Schwarzkopf Guardian Angel (Heat protectant), Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide (Heat protectant and serum) and John Frieda 3 Day Straight (Review here).

What products do you use for volumised hair? I would love some recommendations!

I hope you enjoyed this post. Thank you for reading. xoxo, Joy

3 comments:

  1. I love Göt2b volumizing products, they work great and they are so inexpensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I've been looking for hair products to try since my hair is so straight and limp. I'll look into the BED HEAD products. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. @GABY - Me too! I've really been liking these products and I love how they're so inexpensive. I wish I'd found the brand earlier! xx

    @Tiffyama - Hope this post helped. I'd love to know how you get on :) xx

    ReplyDelete