Review: Topshop Cream Blush

Wednesday 21 July 2010

I've been wanting to try a cream blush and since I've never used one before (I've always stuck with my powder blushers), so I was a little stuck about where to buy one.

Oops, I didn't realise I could be seen in the mirror!

What they say: (From Topshop.com) Lightweight cream to powder blush that melts into the skin giving a natural luminous, radiant finish.

Price: £6

Swatches:

With flash - Left: Blended, Right: Unblended

In daylight - Left: Blended, Right: Unblended

What I think: After seeing a tonne of people raving about the Topshop blush back when the Topshop makeup range was first released, I decided to give Topshop makeup a go. I got this cream blush for £5.40, since I was able to get 10% student discount, which I thought was an extremely reasonable price.

The blush gives the cheeks a really pretty colour, which is easily buidable. The pigmentation is really good, so very little product is needed. The blush is cream to powder, so it feels light on the skin once applied, and it blends really easily. I've found it really easy to work with, especially since I've never used a cream blush before.

I'm about 80% sure I would repurchase this. The 20% of doubt isn't a specific gripe with the Topshop cream blush, it's just that I want to try cream blushes from other brands and I'm still a loyal powder blush fan.

Have any of you tried anything from the Topshop make-up range? Is there anything that you would recommend?

Thanks for reading. xoxo, Joy

2 comments:

  1. Im so eager to try this, but the makeup isnt sold in my local topshop, so i'll have to travel further a-field.. this review was really useful, thanks!

    www.not-fromconcentrate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chloe - That sucks that your local Topshop doesn't stock the makeup range! Hope you're able to try some of the range sometime soon. You're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete